[Metalab] URL-encoded SMS message sending?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Jan 28 11:48:13 CET 2011

Hiya Metalab'ers,

Does anyone know of a way to send an SMS using a 3rd party provider by way of URL encoded details?  Something like:

http://someproviderofsms.com/send_sms?message=Greetz%20Human+number=5551212

Is there any local (to Austria) provider of this sort of SMS gateway service that you might recommend, which allows this style of message-sending easily (i.e. without requiring an account and all that rubbish)?

I'm developing an iPhone app that needs to be able to send an SMS message without user interaction and the best (for me right now) would be the URL-encoded message style .. anyone know of a local provider?  (Local, so that it is quickly sent to Austrian numbers..)  I've looked at sms.at, but it seems that I'd have to send POST details .. or .. ?

;
--
Jay Vaughan