[Metalab] [barb at col-me.info: [General-discussion] Fwd: Fwd: [Servus Clubraum] LiWoLi 2011 - Open Call!]

Michael Bauer mihi at lo-res.org
Tue Feb 22 13:28:38 CET 2011

Interesting stuff comes via progressbar...

To: clubraum at lists.servus.at
Subject: [Servus Clubraum] LiWoLi 2011  - Open Call!

sorry for x posting---thx for further promotion of the open call!

LiWoLi 2011
12th  - 14th May
Kunstuniversität, Linz
art meets radical openness!

Observing, comparing, reflecting, imitating, testing, combining

LiWoLi is an open lab and meeting spot for artists, developers and
educators using and creating FLOSS (free/libre open source software)
and Open Hardware in the artistic and cultural context. LiWoLi is
all about sharing skills, code and knowledge within the public
domain and discussing the challenges of open practice.

This year's event offers an exhibition, artists' workshops and –
like every year – lectures, presentations and sound-performances.

//////////////
Open Call 2011
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Please fill out the online submission form for Liwoli 2011
https://www.liwoli.at/open-call
Deadline 27/03/2011

o Art exhibition laboratory
Artists producing art and culture using or developing FLOSS and/or
open hardware are invited to show their work in our exhibition
space.  Entertaining contributions with a strong sense of humor
around topics like the end of art, plagiarism, copyright/copyfight,
world improvement, economy of open systems etc. are very welcome!

o Workshops
All selected artists are expected to conduct a workshop where they
will share their ideas, skills, code, products and experience.

o Lectures (around 30 min)
We invite proposals for lectures dealing with the challenges of open
practices, investigating the economy of open systems, exploring new
ways of living...

o Presentations (~15min)
Artists, developers and educators are invited to present their work
in order to find interested people join the project or to get feedback.

o Performances
LiWoLi 2011 is able to offer a great performance space in the
Stadtwerkstatt (http://stwst.at). Best sound-equipment in town!
Sound artists using FLOSS, Open hardware or hacked toys as well as
live-coding acts are welcome. The artists must agree that the
performance will be recorded and used for the free radio-archive
(http://cba.fro.at) under a Creative Commons license.

--------------------
How to apply
--------------------

Please fill out the online submission form for Liwoli 2011
https://www.liwoli.at/open-call
Deadline 27/03/2011

LiWoLi is a small event and can only provide limited support
regarding accommodation, travel and fees. Talk to us if there are
problems.

LiWoLi 2011 is organised by servus.at in cooperation with
Zeitbasierte Medien & Interface Cultures Kunstuniversität Linz.
Fundings by: BM:UKK (http://www.bmukk.gv.at/kunst/index.xml),
Kunstuniversität Linz
Sponsors: status pending
Partners & Friends: Stadtwerkstatt Linz, Radio Fro, DorfTV, Time's
Up, GOTO10.

|     servus.at - kunst und kultur im netz - www.servus.at         |
| u s (c) h i   r e i t e r - organisation, projects, finances

| kirchengasse 4, 4040 linz
| {office at servus.at}{uschi.reiter at servus.at}{ushi at servus.at}
| Phone: 43.(0)732.7312 09 (mo-fr)
| office: uschi reiter - DW 300
| user-support: didi kressnig - DW 301
| user-support: peter wagenhuber - DW 302
|     -ssl irc.servus.at 6667 / #servus                            |
|     what you can't open you don't own!                           |

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Nature has no stake in being understood by scientists.
			Michael J. Crawley in ISBN 0-470-02298-1