[Metalab] Introducing Giovanni

Giovanni Donati lineover82 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:54:58 CET 2010

Hi folks,

my name is Giovanni, I'm 28 years old and I come from Italy. I've recently
finished my Master of Science in Electronics and Telecommunications
Engineering by the University of Bologna, and now I decided that I wanna
move to Austria.
I come often to Wien to visit my gf, but still I'm new to this environment
so would be very nice to find a place where i can spend my spare time
hacking around or just chatting and chilling out.
During my thesis I met Karin and I've all ready had a guided tour of
Metalab, meeting all ready a couple of people there, and I have to admit
that is a very nice place!
I am a guitarist , in detail I play numetal music. Music is my passion and I
hope that once in Wien I will be able to bring all my gear and find come
people to play with. Furthermore I'm able to play drums and bass guitar.
Let's say that, more in general, music is my passion and I like to handle
with everything involves audio and sounds.
I have a long experience in home recording and some in studio recording too,
and I'm very involved into audio engineering (music recording, room's sound
conditioning, mixing, editing), once I would like to have the opportunity to
work in a studio as sound engineer.
Even in technology of course I like to manage music. Until now I've worked
to the prototype of a system for automatic music recognition and tagging
called MX-Ray, able to recognize the music genre, perceived loudness and
speed in BPMs.
I'm very fascinated about music plugins such as VsT and RTaS, and as a lover
of signal processing and young in programming, I'm trying to get in tube
amplifiers modeling and effects, maybe if someone is interested we can set
up a small team. I'm programming with C++ both under Unix and MAC OSX. In
the last period I'm trying to get how iOS and MAC OSX APIs for audio are
working, and I'm trying to create something running on iPhone.
I have made some experience with ANDROID SDK too, but I'm not a java expert
:(
If someone has the same interests come on, I'm just ready to learn something
and share technology :)

At the moment I'm just looking for a job in Wien, very difficult to find as
an "Auslander" but once I've found it, I'll hang around there. Hopeully
soon!!

Greetings to everyone,

Giovanni.

Giovanni Donati