[Metalab] worky mcwork work

Damian Stewart damian.ml at frey.co.nz
Thu Jun 17 11:22:08 CEST 2010

hey Metalab,

not sure if this is an appropriate place for this, sorry if it's not!

i've had a couple of contracts dry up on me in the last month or two, and have been focussing on an artist residency for the past few months, and as a result i find myself a bit short in the cashflow department.. which means that, i'm interested in taking on spare programming or creative tech jobs that folks might have available.

i can do and enjoy doing:
- C/C++, Linux/Windows/Mac/iPhone/iPad/ARM and porting from one to the other
- computer vision
- 2D, 3D generative animation
- sound and music, generative or composed
- electronics: microcontrollers (including Arduino), sensors, networks, light/sound/motion and hardware hacking
(i have a fully equipped electronics workshop for development if you need something specific).

i can also do:
- web programming (php/css)
- most other languages (python, perl, ruby, ...)

i have loads of experience bringing large scale projects involving exotic hardware and software to fruition, both in the commercial and art realms.

(unfortunately my Deutsch is not as awesome as the rest of my skills, but i'm working on that! :-) )

slightly outdated portfolio here:
http://frey.co.nz
cv here:
http://frey.co.nz/cv.pdf