[Metalab] Vienna IT field salaries (Was: Metalab General Discussion List <metalab at lists.metalab.at>)

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at tomk32.de
Mon Aug 2 11:55:51 CEST 2010

Am 02.08.2010 um 11:13 schrieb Sergey V. Mikhanov:

> Displaimer: I'm an immigrant myself, came from Moscow four years ago,
> so expect a bit of rant below.

You are already assimilated: Complaining on a high level is so austrian ;-)

It reminds me of a very similar discussion on the London's Ruby User Group list
and James pretty much got it right:
http://lists.lrug.org/htdig.cgi/chat-lrug.org/2008-March/002092.html

> I guess you
> already had a chance to encounter the "low costs" of Viennese estate
> market when you have paid your "Kaution" and "Provision".

it ain't easy but you can find flat without a "Makler", I never paid
any "Provision" in my livetime.

My advise, and the way I'm living, go for a four-day-week or even tree days,
be happy with little less money (2000-2400 should still be doable for us)
and enjoy your life or work one something awesome funny in your spare time.
That little extra (netto) money isn't worth a 40h week.

ciao, tom

--
Thomas R. "TomK32" Koll
just a geek trying to change the world