[Metalab] Weird routing problem, please help

Maciej Pasternacki maciej at pasternacki.net
Fri Jun 26 20:00:00 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-26, at 19:51, Peter Kuhm wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:23:15 +0200 Maciej Pasternacki wrote:
>
>> Can someone please traceroute to github.com and karampuk.
>> 3ofcoins.net?
>>
>> I have some weird routing problems and I don't know whom should I
>> yell
>> at.  I have Chello access, so results from both Chello and from other
>> Austrian providers would be great.  I can access everything from
>> Polish hosts, and from US hosts that I have access to, I can't see
>> both these servers from home.  Weird.
>
> if the answer takes too long, chello assumes that the host doesn't
> exist and
> gives you this fscking search page:

I know that, but that's only for DNS problems (when host does not
resolve, they return their own IP instead);  DNS is okay, problem is
with the routing.  At least I didn't ever witness this with a ping
timeout when DNS was working.

Thanks for the traceroute; is it from Chello?

Cheers,
Maciej.

--
Maciej Pasternacki -><- http://www.pasternacki.net/ -><- http://www.3ofcoins.net/