[Metalab] Patch for Metalab website

Maciej Pasternacki maciej at pasternacki.net
Sun Jul 19 00:52:55 CEST 2009

Hello,

If there is a more appropriate mailing list or direct contact to
someone responsible for the website / hackerspace-os project here,
please direct me and I won't bother whole list.  I couldn't find
relevant mailing list, and reason for the patch is to add a feature to
Metalab website, so I am writing here.

I wanted to have simpler way of importing events from metalab website
calendar to my iCal, so I checked out the hackerspace-os project and
made little improvements to calendar view.

I wanted to keep as much code as possible intact, though I am willing
to do more work and a bit of refactoring (the project could use some,
at least the calendar part) if it's encouraged.  Now, just a few fixes
and a feature.

Fixes: archive view (year/month archive) and single event permalinks,
improved a bit ambivalent URL structure (I didn't break any
preexisting URLs, since I was working on views/urls that didn't ever
work).

Feature: icalendar export of single events, using http://codespeak.net/icalendar/
  (todo: icalendar export of multiple events / all upcoming events, if
further work on the website is encouraged).

Patch: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1067829/hos-events-archive%2Bpermalinks%2Bicalendar.diff.gz

BTW: I am working with Git, pulling upstream with git-svn.  If anyone
could use a public mirror of hackerspace-os with my fixes (and with
the pure upstream branch, of course), I can push the repo to github.

Best,
Maciej / japhy

--
Maciej Pasternacki -><- http://www.pasternacki.net/ -><- http://www.3ofcoins.net/