[Metalab] Security by Candlelight #8 on Thu Sept 23rd

Michael Kafka m.kafka at aon.at
Tue Jul 14 18:59:35 CEST 2009

Hi members and friends,

we invite you to our 8th Security by Candlelight meeting at the library
of the metalab. http://metalab.at/wiki/Lage

Thu Sept 23rd 2009, 19:30

This time we have the following topics: Security Management and Risk
Management. Now that we know about our possible enemies we will go the
next step and evaluate how security breaches can affect information
systems and which steps are apropriate to "mitigate" (dt.: abschwächen,
mildern) any risks. Doing too much is expensive, doing too little is
dangerous - finding the right balance is an art (and a science).

Hosted again by: Lynx, Naxx and MiKa (as planned, changes possible).

See also: http://metalab.at/wiki/Security_bei_Kerzenschein
and http://metalab.at/wiki/Security_bei_Kerzenschein/SBC8_What%27s_the_Risk

I hope we will have again a marvelous round and active discussion and
participation like the last time.

And there will be candles and cookies again, promised!

Regards,

MiKa