[Metalab] 3d graffiti

Marius Kintel kintel at sim.no
Mon Jan 28 16:37:43 CET 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 4:24 PM, marius schebella wrote:

> ich bin nicht genau sicher, wie sie die position der brille tracken.
> vielleicht braucht man dazu die zusaetzlichen shapes am helm?

I guess this is what they do:
Notice his backpack - it contains a computer. In addition, the helmet
has a camera.
Using ARtoolkit markers attached to the floor or walls of the
building, his absolute position can be tracked by his backpack
computer and he can thus have his grafitti overlayed on the video on
the correct position in space.
Alternatively, as seen in clips with a marker on a helmet, tracking
(and rendering) can be done externally and transmitted to the glasses
using wireless video.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.