[Metalab] Eingangsraum Terminal - RFID im Pass?

Marius Kintel kintel at sim.no
Wed Oct 17 18:22:58 CEST 2007

On 17. okt. 2007, at 18:11, Florian Hufsky wrote:

>> und alles natürlich opt-in.
Anything else would be ridiculous.

Further options:
o Use the Sputnik tags. They should be cheap and reliable + coincide
with other initiatives/projects (Lukas?). I just don't know how long
the batteries last.
o The jabber server could probably also log IP's and detect if the
logon was from within the lab network.
o Twitter integration
o IR cameras with matching of body thermal radiation footprints
(well, this starts to become a bit too scary ;)

As long as the infrastructure is in place, any number of id
mechanisms could be deployed easily, so if anyone wants to go forth
with this, it doesn't matter at all which approach is implemented first.
Why not just do the backend properly and put up a web-based tool for
manual login/logout. From there, the rest should be a walk in the
park and anyone could contribute device-based login mechanisms
without too much hassle.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.