[Metalab] TODAY: Dorkbot Vienna #4: Bre Pettis and the Brain Machine

Peter Kuhm peter at null.priv.at
Wed Nov 28 00:53:44 CET 2007

-> http://metalab.at/wiki/Dorkbot_Vienna

=== Dorkbot Vienna #4 ===

features Bre Pettis <http://brepettis.com/>
who will build a Brain Machine.

When:   Nov 28, 2007; 8 PM
Where:  Metalab Vienna <http://metalab.at/wiki/Lage>

This is a project that Mitch Altman put together and it's a brain
wave machine that flashes LEDs and binaural audio to brute force your
brain to achieve different brain wave states. Pretty much everyone
halucinates in some way. A meditation sequence is programmed in, but
the whole program is open source, so you can make it do whatever you
like. It's built on Lady Ada's MiniPOV3 and I'll have one for you to
try out and I'll have the parts for one to give away so that someone
can build it to have on hand at metalab. If someone's got an EEG, it
might be fun to bring it along and see it's effectiveness. Don't try
this out if you have epilepsy.

Bre hasn't ordered too many kits! So if you desperately want to join,
please put your name on the wiki page immediately!

http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotvienna