[Metalab] Arduino Order has arrived!

Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at
Wed Mar 14 14:21:47 CET 2007

Marius Kintel <kintel at sim.no>  schrieb am 14.03.2007 13:19:46:
> On 14. mar. 2007, at 13:05, Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at wrote:
> >
> > Ich habe mir vor zwei Wochen bei Smilemicro http://
> > www.smileymicros.com/
> > das Butterfly Project Kit + 6 Butterflies gekauft (damit sich das
> > Shipping
> > auszahlt).
> >
> > Das Arduinoboard und der Workshop im MetaLab ist aber an mir
> > vorübergeganen :-((
> >

> I would also be interested in a butterfly.
> If there is interest, I could look into how to integrate the
> butterfly with the Arduino software and toolchain.
> It should be doable to get a basic integration up and running, but it
> might be some work to make a full integration..

That would be great :-))

I found the Butterfly because I was looking for a cheap device for kids
that is more advanced than a simple lab kit like
http://messtechnik-online.at/kosmos/easyelectronic.html, but is still
useable without having to know C programming.

The idea that is spinning in my head is programming a Butterfly with a
bunch of programms like http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/KnightRider

So all a kid has to do to get started is connecting a couple of leds or
sensors to a butterfly and start the right programm.

Most of the development kits available are either higly expensive (like
Lego Mindstorm) or too complicated because you have to learn a lot of C
just to make a single led blinking (not to mention the expensive PC you
need to do the programming).

cu andreas