[Metalab] MetalabTV computer?

jaume jaume at nualart.com
Thu Jul 26 17:30:19 CEST 2007

Hi Leo and metas,

On dj, 2007-07-26 at 10:05 +0100, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> Hi Jaume,
>
> We have some talks on 31.8 / 1.9.
> http://metalab.at/wiki/WirNennenEs30
>
> one is by me on topic "semantic desktop", others by Grenzfurthner and
> Magnus Wurzer, perhaps more.
> two ideas, independent of each other:

Sound interesting, I use to research about those issues too, so I'll
join anyway the discussion :-)

> A:
> are you interested in recording one of them, to test the equipment?
>
> record them, store, host them longer (or upload on google|youtube
> video)

mmm, I'm not a video producer, I really use to work with people that
know about it. I have no cameras. I work in the streaming side only. So,
for the stable plato in metalab, the first is setup the streambox, and
afterwards, we can seat and thing about the possibilities for a good
production and other people participation.

> B:
> I have some friends in Kaiserslautern, who may want to follow the
> event  via video-stream,
> but we had only mediocre results so far using Skype or other
> video-conferencing tools to connect parties,
> is icecast a solution here?

No, Icecast (http://icecast.org) is an streaming server. People
broadcast againts icecast server, and listeners connects to that server.
Nothing about video conferencing (2 ways communication), this is totally
another issue

> this would mean live-streaming, a different issue that recording, but
> also interesting in this setup.
>
> (connecting events could look like this, example from roböxotica):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg5LtH6vezE

Yes this video looks a biy messy, I'm talking about something like this:
http://labfactory.at/244135.0/

jaume