[Metalab] Fwd: [Dailydave] Hack.lu 2006

Teemu Schaabl teemu at lynix.net
Mon Aug 28 08:31:10 CEST 2006

ich denk das ist hier von interesse,

lg
teemu

----- Forwarded message from info <info at hack.lu> -----
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:13:54 +0200
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:54:18 +0200
From: info <info at hack.lu>
To: dailydave at lists.immunitysec.com

Hello all,

It's time again - the second edition of Hack.lu is approaching fast,
with a very promising speakers' lineup, and lots of fun in perspective.

This year's event will be held during 3 days, with the first day
dedicated to several deep knowledge sessions.

Thanks to our generous sponsors, there is now a fixed fee for the 3 days
entrance, no more early bird, no nothing - as the number of seats is
limited, be sure to register early nevertheless. And the catering for
lunches is included in the entrance fee.

Hack.lu 06

Hack.lu is an open convention /conference where people can discuss about
computer security, privacy, information technology and its
cultural/technical implication on society.
The aim of the convention is to make a bridge of the various actors in
the computer security world.
The convention will be held in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg in October
2006 (19-21.10.2006).

Scope

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
    . Software Engineering
    . Honeypots/Honeynets
    . Electronic/Digital Privacy
    . Wireless Network and Security
    . Attacks on Information Systems and/or Digital Information Storage
    . Electronic Voting
    . Free Software and Security
    . Assessment of Computer, Electronic Devices and Information Systems
    . Standards for Information Security
    . Legal and Social Aspect of Information Security
    . Software Engineering and Security
    . Malware and malicious software
    . New security vulnerabilities in Computer Science
    . Network security!

Draft Agenda

Thursday  19.10.2006

This day will be filled with so called deep knowledge/hands-on talks.
These talks will cover 2-4 hours and often attendees are requested to
bring their own laptop to be able to follow the course.

The deep knowledge/hands-on talks will be splitted in three tracks (3
rooms with capacity of approx. 150 persons). There will be no
pre-registration for the rooms but the principle of first come, first
serve will be applied.

Here a draft list of the talks we already have:
    . Tactical VoIP: VoIPhreaking Intensive by The Gruqq
    . Writing Metasploit plugins - from vulnerability to exploit by
Saumil Shah
    . 802.11 security Tips and Tricks by Phillippe Teuwen and Cedric
      Blancher
    . Using Computer Forensics at the police by FCCU (Federal Computer
Crime Unit of Belgium)
    . OpenBGP by Henning Brauer

   More to come please check regularly
   http://www.hack.lu/index.php/Workshops

Friday and Saturday 20/21.10.2006

These two days will be the lecture days with lecture slots of 45 mins.
Please find hereafter a draft Agenda of these two days.

|Friday 20.10.2006                |Saturday 21.10.21006             |
|9:00 |Opening Speech             |9:00 |Software Engineering       |
|     |Renaud Deraison:           |     |Security                   |
|     |                           |     |Wietse Venema              |
|9:50 |Towards an Invisible       |9:50 |Security in Grid Computing |
|     |Honeypot Monitoring System |     |Lisa Thalheim              |
|     |Nguyen Anh Quynh           |     |                           |
|10:40|Refreshment Break          |10:40|Refreshment Break          |
|11:00|An empirical analysis of   |11:00|Secure networking          |
|     |malware                    |     |Hannes Mehnert, Andreas    |
|     |Oliver Schmid              |     |Bogk                       |
|11:50|Sensible defence           |11:50|WiFi Advanced Stealth      |
|     |Koen Maris                 |     |Laurent Butti & Franck     |
|     |                           |     |Veysset                    |
|12:40|Lunch Break                |12:40|Lunch Break                |
|14:00|Bluetooth Hacking revisited|14:00|Exploiting hidden services |
|     |                           |     |to setup anonymous         |
|     |Thierry Zoller & Kevin     |     |communication              |
|     |Finistere                  |     |infrastructure             |
|     |                           |     |Fabio Pietrosanti          |
|14:50|Triple Play; Triple        |14:50|Data Broadcasting by Misuse|
|     |threats ? - IPTV Security  |     |of Satellite ISPs          |
|     |Yen-Ming Chen              |     |Andre Adelsbach            |
|15:40|Refreshment Break          |15:40|Refreshment Break          |
|16:00|IPv6 Security and          |16:00|How to find anything       |
|     |insecurity                 |     |underneath the commercial  |
|     |Van Hauser                 |     |web: Powersearching without|
|     |                           |     |google                     |
|     |                           |     |Fravia                     |
|16:50|Smashing Heap by Free      |16:50|Not announced yet          |
|     |Simulation                 |     |                           |
|     |Sandip Chaudhari           |     |                           |
|17:40|Closing of the first       |17:40|Closing of the conference  |
|     |lecture day.               |     |with Announcement of the   |
|     |Maybe Lightning Talks or   |     |results of the CTF contest |
|     |something alike.           |     |                           |

CTF (Capture The Flag) contest

On Saturday 21.10.2006 there will also in parallel to the lectures a CTF
contest with up to 6 teams that compete against each others.
Capture-the-Flag is a team game where each side tries to capture the
other flag, while defending their own flag from falling prey to the
enemy. If the flag is successfully captured, it must be carried unless
the opposite team succeeds to hold it back.
Particularly, in this contest, to capture the flag means to intrude the
computer of another team. The more the team spends time in the opposite
camp, the more the team scores, until the opposite team manages to expel
the intruders.
There are nice prices to win.
More on http://www.hack.lu

Venue

The venue of this year conference will be the Novotel at Luxembourg
Kirchberg. All reservation can be done directly with the Hotel by
mentioning the name of the conference (hack.lu 2006). Special rates are
available. Please see the web site for all the details
(http://www.hack.lu/index.php/Venue)

Registration

As the number of seats is limited, be sure to register early at
http://www.hack.lu/index.php/registration. The entrance fee covers all 3
days, along with catering for the lunches.