[Metalab-announce] Metalab for Girrrlz - Metalab program for September

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:30:29 CEST 2009

View Details about all event at metalab in our calendar:
http://metalab.at/calendar/

In the following days we have some events targeted at our female
audience and talks about women in technology:

==============

MISS BALTAZAR'S LABORATORY

Every Thursday, starting from 10.September 2009 we host "Miss
Baltazar's Laboratory", a project by Stefanie Wuschitz that serves as
a stepstone for female artists to electronics(in other words: If you
always wanted to learn how to use electronics in your projects, come
on thursdays)
http://metalab.at/wiki/miss_baltazars_laboratory
http://missbaltazar.humlab.umu.se/

==============

A MESSAGE FROM BARCELONA

Friday, 18.September 2009, 19:30 - DonesTech,  "a female technology
collective from Barcelona " visits us and holds a talk about their
research on women and technology: "Lela's Code: A cyberfeminist
activist research project"
Later in the evening the elctronic music band "La Màquina de Turing"
will provide us with some fine breakbeats and drum'n'bass.
http://metalab.at/wiki/DonesTech_Barcelona

==============

ABLETON LIVE WORKSHOP FOR WOMEN

26./27.September 2009, Time tba - Ableton Live-Workshop for
women(music production software), lectured by Ihu Anyanwu. This is a
non-free workshop unfortunately, but there are slots for female
metalab-members, contact core at metalab.at for information.
http://metalab.at/wiki/Ableton_live_2009_9_26

Beside these female-centered events we also have quite some other
things scheduled in September:

==============

PARAFLOWS

14.-19. September 2009
The annual Paraflows-Festival will again be held at metalab with a
huge and diverse program.
http://metalab.at/wiki/Paraflows_2009

==============

FREIHEIT STATT ANGST

Every Wednesday, 20:00
The activists around "Freedom not Fear/Freiheit statt Angst" meet
regularly on wednesday in the coming weeks to discuss and plan actions
to fight for civil rights and against censorship and observation
http://metalab.at/wiki/Freedom_Not_Fear

===============

POSTGRESQL PERFORMANCE

Tuesday, 22.September 2009, 19:00
A workshop on finetuning PostgreSQLs performance lectured by Michael
Renner aka Robe
http://metalab.at/wiki/PostgreSQL_Performance

===============

README.TXT

Monday, 28.September 2009, 19:00
The metalab bookworms meet monthly to discuss a book - currently we
are reading "Hugh Laurie: Bockmist"
http://metalab.at/wiki/README.txt

OPENSTREETMAP

Wednesday, 9.September 2009
The viennese Openstreetmap-Community meets regularly at metalab to
discuss their work and new developments in the community
http://metalab.at/wiki/OSM_Community_Treffen