[Ethereum] 4th Meetup follow-up

Alexander Hirner a.hirner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:15:51 CEST 2014

Thx to Ralph for the concise presentation while not missing out any of the necessary bells and whistles. Starting from how to program your own contract in the high-level languages, up to Swarm and Whisper protocols which shed light on the whole thing that is  web 3.0. The slides and accompanying code can be found on the github rep [1].

Continuing from that, we discussed implications of reputation systems, how they are important to trending virtualized economies and projects leveraging these mechanisms and Ethereum. Slides for that can be found here [2] and also in the github rep.

A special notice herein goes to project Eris. It's built on DOUG/Ethereum contract framework while data blobs are referenced from a distributed 'file' sharing network. The sole idea is to provide a toolkit for building one's own DApp efficiently. A reddit like discussion platform with elements of liquid-democracy acts as the current showcase [3].

The practicability to write DApps increases by the minute. That's why we think it's time for a hackathon in one way or the other [4].

Stay tuned!

[1] https://github.com/dafcok/ethereum/tree/master/Meetup%204
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/AlexanderHirner/the-connection-between-reputation-sharing-economy-and-ethereum
[3] https://eris.projectdouglas.org & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXoUtw7hqw