[Ethereum] 4th Meetup

Alexander Hirner a.hirner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 23:51:05 CEST 2014

The aleth-zero reference client implementation received over 13.000 new or changed codelines the last week. Among other things, this means we now have a fully functional high-level contract language. That is Serpent for aleth-zero and almost functional Mutan for the also new Go Client. Java also got some love with the EthereumJ. Moreover, several projects have formed around Ethereum, e.g. CryptoSwartz and Eris. Both epitomizing how to create socially and economically meaningful Applications.

Out of this and the prior work we arrive at the next Agenda for the 4th meetup:

* Walkthrough of the 'placehodler' contract with Serpent and showcasing on the recent clients

* Augmenting blockchain functionality: Whisper and Swarm

* News around the project, team and the most significant Apps& App frameworks that emerged recently

Respecting the open space days of metalab and to still make it to soccer final at 9pm (for those who care :) ), the meetup will be held on Sunday, 13th of July at 17:00 o'clock in our beloved metalab!

Best, Alex