[Devops] Job: IT-Allrounder

Michael Renner michael.renner at amd.co.at
Tue May 24 13:26:45 CEST 2011

On May 24, 2011, at 9:34 , Jozef Kutej wrote:

> On 2011-05-24 08:44, Stefan Schlesinger wrote:

> does the "junior" always means => we don't want to pay too much, we want that
> person to do what we tell him, like we tell him and especially we need someone
> that thinks pizza an redbull is a great reward for a 10h work day :-/

Depends on the company culture, it helps to double-check this with the company and current as well as former employees. Reading things in context might also increase insight in the company.

> when will the companies learn that - junior + junior is not more then a senior?

Your point being?

> i wish to work for a company one day that has seniors that knows what they are
> doing, where they are heading to and how they are going to get there. are there
> any such in Vienna? in the world? or is this just a myth?

Yes, yes and no. Though it's a bit harder in the Viennese Ops/Devops environment since we don't have too many companies with a sizeable infrastructure/services landscape, high change rate and non-process-focussed operations department.

Process-focus kills creativity, problem-solving skills and in most cases constructive work environments. [1]

> this was by no means meant to be an offence to the IXOLIT, it was just a
> "generic sigh" when reading through the job offers that are published these days :-)

Maybe it's you projecting a bit? ;)

best,
Michael

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/reed2001/culture-1798664 Slide 41ff.