[Devops] REMINDER: Devops Meetup tomorrow (15.03), 19:00, Metalab library

Maciej Pasternacki maciej at setjam.com
Mon Mar 14 18:04:15 CET 2011

Hi,

This is the friendly reminder about tomorrow's devops meetup. If you
don't know what that is, see http://metalab.at/wiki/Devops_Meetup for
an overview.

AGENDA: well…

This time, we'll have to improvise.

I got an e-mail from Tony, who was supposed to speak tomorrow about
Kanban in Web operations, that he's ill and will give his presentation
at later date.

After a quick look at the proposed topics list, I can give a quick
overview of parts of Amazon cloud offering that I have experience with
(EC2 ecosystem, RDS, S3, SQS, Route 53, IAM). Does anyone else have
something to speak about?

(on top of that, my email is down together with most of DreamHost, and
I have no idea when will they bring it up - so, if you need to contact
me about tomorrow's meetup, use the list or this email. Also, maybe
you can recommend some decent SMTP/IMAP email providers? I want
someone whom I pay for the service and have anybody to contact when
anything is wrong, so gmail is out. Hosted jabber would be a nice
bonus.)

See you tomorrow!
-- Maciek