[Devops] Fave command line tools?

Bernhard Miklautz bernhard.miklautz at shacknet.at
Thu Mar 3 09:55:56 CET 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 04:46:12PM +0100, astera wrote:
> I'm wondering, what are your most favourite - and probably hideously
> ignored by the rest of the world - command line tools?
I guess there is not much left to add ;). But I missed the following
tools I often use:

dig - DNS lookup utility
cut - remove sections from each line of files
vimdiff - edit two, three or four versions of a file with Vim and show
          differences

And I recently stumbled upon this one:
stress - tool to impose load on and stress test systems

so long