[CNC] Mill introduction?

Sebastian Bachmann me at free-minds.net
Wed Aug 27 09:59:51 CEST 2014

Hi,
sorry to hear that.
but we also have a laser cutter at the metalab ;)

when you speak from the cost side, i think that milling is quite more
expensive, at least if you have no good CAM software.
otherwise you will need hours of setup, which you will not have when
using the lasercutter.

I downloaded the test version of CamBAM lately and it seems to work
quite fine for such jobs. the only thing i could not figure out yet is
how to setup everything correctly, because at the moment i can generate
gcode but it does not look the way i want it.
On the net i saw some guys (especially from the model making scene) who
use mills instead of lasercutters - these guys also need this dxf ->
gcode feature but i do not know what software they use.

-sebastian