[CNC] Mill introduction?

Sebastian Bachmann me at free-minds.net
Thu Aug 21 15:06:36 CEST 2014

Hi,
I probably can give you a short introduction but the first time i can make it is
end of the next week...

As Andreas already said, you should have existing gcode, because we do not have
any CAM software available. There are some freeware tools like HeeksCAM, and
ones you can try for some period like CamBAM (which should be a pretty solid
software but i never had the time to test it)

We have some endmills in the lab, but there are only a few and the size of the
cutting edge is quite small (like 5mm max). if you need deeper pockets you need
your own stuff. there are also no round mills in the lab.
the maximum shaft we can put into the spindle is 8mm, but everything <6mm fits best in the machine.

I took a look at the thing you want to do, maybe you can even use SolveSpace for
that. It can produce gcode from outlines...

By the way: if you find a good solution to generate gcode from dxf files please
tell us!